Sales & Rentals Resources
As a prospective AJ Clarke tenant or resident new to the City of New York, you may find the following resources helpful:
Procedure to Rent
To Qualify: Applicants must have excellent credit and earn a household income of 40x the monthly rent. Guarantors must also have excellent credit and earn a household income of 80x the monthly rent.
Required Documentation for Applicant & Guarantor:
- Completely filled in and signed application
- Copy of government issued ID (passport or driver’s license)
- Employment letter with salary, position & length of employment
- Or detailed Accountant’s letter if self-employed
- 2 most recent pay stubs Previous year tax document (1040 or W2 or 1099)
- 2 years if self-employed Summary page of the most recent statement for all bank accounts
- Credit check fee of $100.00 per applicant by cash, credit card, money order or check to AJ Clarke Real Estate Corp. To pay your new tenant application fees online by credit card, click here>
The above can be submitted to the agent you are dealing in person, via fax, or via email as a PDF file.
Once approval is issued the lease must be signed within 24 hours. If the lease cannot be signed in the presence of the leasing agent, all signatures will have to be notarized. Certified checks will be required for the payment of the initial rent and security deposit payment.
- Con Edison electric & gas service
- Cable TV and telephone: Time Warner Cable, Verizon FiOS, and RCN
- NYC’s 311 service: www.nyc.gov/311 or dial 311